Sunday, May 14, 2006

Between Woodstock and Reagan[intro]

Welcome to between Woodstock and Reagan. This is a blog series about the 1970's, an era in which i came of age. I was born in August of '57 in a small town called Hespeler,which made me 12 when Woodstock happened. So the '70s were my teenage years, a time of discovery personnaly and a time to discover the world. In this series i will try to tell the events that occured and my reccollections of them. The music, the politics and the world events that made the era ours. Trudeau,Nixon,Stanfield,Carter,Saturday Night Live,All in the Family,Iran,Lemon Gin,Pink Floyd,Kiss,Queen,Max Webster,Wasaga Beach,the birth of the Blue Jays,the gas shortage,high school,my first car,discovering marijuana,stubby beer bottles,George Carlin,Richard Pryor,the Matador Tavern,the Coronet Hotel and all the other events that made the '70s. There will be no chronological order to this series, as i feel a story or event needs to be told, i will tell it. It will be rambling and some of it will be personal, so i hope you will not mind. This will be my view of the era so it may be biased, but it will be real.
Between Woodstock and Reagan is dedicated to two friends that are no longer with us. Paul who did not make it thru the '70s having drowned in 1979 and Mel who while making it thru the era could not survive the Millinium, passing away in September of 2001. Both were near to me and while i miss them both life goes on, and with that i dedicate my stories and my memories to them.
Enjoy.

No comments: