Saturday, August 13, 2005

Running like a friend

A tribute to a friend who would have been 48 today if he had of lived.
I listened to your song last night
acted like you were here
there was something that we had two friends so near
had our picture taken once two drunken fools sittin in the pool
was i so unusual you had many other friends
i had many too, sometimes i get this urge to just scream out at you

if we were really friends why did you leave like you did
a sudden death on the doorstep, without a word to us all
a couple gypsies in the band,out there on that desert floor
just us drunkin gypsie caravan, you told me how to seek the path
i just wish i could have made your pain go away.


When you fell into the sea,you were drowning just like me
i knew you were with me in every thing i see

I was driving down the highway
i was wasted from the road
your song came on the radio
the one you used to sing long ago
eating mushrooms by the sea
was it really you, that i saw sitting next to me.

Because no matter where you are i'll come running like a friend.

rest in peace my good friend

No comments: