Saturday, August 18, 2007

In Memory of my Dad


June 25 1924-August18 1997

Dad, i look over to your chair
I look at the emptiness it brings because you're not there

Summer comes along with my birthday
Dad, and you're not there
with you're wide grin, the stupid hats that you would wear
My life comes full circle but Dad you're not there
Whether i fail or succeed Dad you re not there

As i grew you stood patiently behind me
allowing me to stretch my wings
test the waters
and allow me to make my own name

Thank you for loving me as you did
for my sisters and my Brother
For loving my Mother all those years

Thank you for being my Father
A Father whom i appreciate
A Father i still rely on
A Father though gone i still talk to
A Father who still listens
no matter how old i am

I was proud to have called you my Dad
And now 10 years on, i still love you
and your memory takes me back in time
I see the great lengths you went to and i realise now
although I'm grown
i still want you by my side.

No comments: